The Village of Chepungus
Chepungus sits almost directly on the equator in north central Kenya at an elevation of 3875 feet on the south slope of Mt. Paka, an extinct volcano. I have planted a church which is steadily growing. On a trip to this region in August 2011 with Clint Byars of Forward Church, we saw nearly 200 people make commitments for Christ and we saw some amazing miracles. Visit my YouTube page for testimonies.
I am currently working with several great churches and ministries to drill this particular village a well. Once that is complete I plan to continue to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the unreached tribes in the East Pokot region and continue drilling wells.
The Fruit of Our Labor
- We are currently drilling a well for the people of Chepungus
- We Established a church
- The Jesus Film has been shown in the Pokot language which yielded nearly 100 salvations
- We have gained trust to discuss the risk of FGM among their young girls
- We have scheduled and educational seminar to educate on the laws and dangers of FGM
- We have distributed 50 audio Bibles in the Pokot language (This particular tribe does not read or write)